Getting 100% engagement from your full workforce seems to be challenging, how do you recognize an engaged employee?
?Some signs that an employee is engaged:
- They are at work every day
- They are on time
- They are happy and upbeat more than not.
- They are working on projects that allow them to use their strengths.
- The work itself provides them with some performance feedback.
- They are always interested in learning and growing.
- They bring ideas to work.
- They support team members.
- They question things that make no sense to them.
- They are always looking for projects or assignments that stretch them.
- They know how what they do impacts the success of the business.
- Their compensation package is good enough that money discussions are off the table.
- They are looking for opportunities to contribute more through promotion or bigger assignments.
- They are open to new ways to look at things or do things.
Some results you can expect with an engaged workforce:
- Stronger revenue.
- Higher profits.
- Less discretionary turnover
- A safer workplace.
- Less absenteeism.
- More creativity.
- Higher productivity
- A happier workplace
- Better customer service and retention.
- Easier recruitment.
The bottom line is with engagement you get discretionary contribution (going beyond just doing the job) and with discretionary contribution you get all kinds of amazing things.